Master of Business Administration
Applied Integrated Management, a hallmark of the MBA at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, provides you with the integrated perspective required to solve today’s complex business problems. The MBA can be completed in 36-48 credit hours.
The program offers expert faculty, expansive opportunities for networking, and the flexibility of evening and on-line courses, all from a highly-ranked program.
Admission is rolling, and you may begin the program in September, January, or May.
The degree is open to students of all undergraduate majors, and you may enroll on a full- or part-time basis.
University of Michigan-Dearborn students who have been admitted to the MBA may take up to 6 graduate credits during their final semester of their undergraduate program.
Core Courses (9 courses/27 credits)
Developing and Interpreting Financial Information
Applied Integrated Management (4 courses/12 credits in three areas)
- International Business (3 credits) from: BE 583 The Global Economy: Crisis and Growth (no credit if you have already completed BE 580), FIN 655 International Financial Management, MKT 622 Global Marketing, OB 610 International Dimensions of Management, OM 571 Supply Chain Management
- Capstone (3 credits): BPS 535 Strategic Planning and Decision Making
- General AIM Courses (6 credits) from: ACC 616 Corporate Actions and Reactions, BA 605 Managerial Decision Making, BPS 585 Managing Strategic Innovation and Change
Electives or Optional Concentration (3 courses/9 credits)
Tailor the degree to your own interests with an optional concentration in Accounting, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, Investment, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, or Taxation.
Alternatively, you may elect courses from our extensive list of graduate business courses. Students may count up to 3 credits in non-business graduate courses toward the MBA electives.
Breadth Requirement (3, 4, 5 rule)
- Complete AIM courses in at least 3 different disciplines
- Complete no more than 4 AIM, Concentration, and Elective courses (12 credits) in any one discipline
- Complete graduate business courses in at least 5 different disciplines
No single course may be counted toward more than one MBA requirement or concentration.
Course Waiver and Transfer Credit
Students may waive any or all of the core courses if they have completed equivalent courses in an AACSB business program and have earned at least a 3.2 post-60 GPA (that is, your GPA in courses taken after your first 60 undergraduate credit hours).
Students who do not meet these criteria may request to have their courses evaluated for waiver credit at the time of admission. Student must have earned a B or better in equivalent courses as a part of a degree program completed within the previous 7 years.
Regardless of waiver credit granted, students must earn at least 36 credits in the MBA program.
In addition, up to 6 transfer credits for previous equivalent graduate coursework can be applied to the degree if those credits have not been counted toward a degree.
Waivers and transfer credit are granted at the discretion of the program faculty.