Tuesday, April 10, 2012
7:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
University of Michigan-Dearborn
College of Business, Fairlane Center South, Michigan Rooms East & West
19000 Hubbard Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126
Recent changes in the economy is one of several factors that have motivated the growth of entrepreneurship in Southeast Michigan. We have seen the potential for million-dollar companies being born out of an individual’s great idea and a PC. KPMG and The University of Michigan – Dearborn are bringing together leaders on the entrepreneurial forefront of Southeast Michigan to explore the topics of creating new business and life in Metro Detroit. They will discuss the opportunities, challenges, and direction of the entrepreneurial spirit in our region.
Questions/topics to be explored:
- Is Southeast Michigan primed for entrepreneurs and new business?
- What resources are available for entrepreneurs?
- What are some reasons people take their ideas and business elsewhere?
- What hurdles are faced by Michigan start-up companies?
- What are some success stories?
- What kinds of new business are trending? (Internet-based? Digital? Creative? Knowledge-based?)
- What is the region doing to attract, encourage, and retain entrepreneurs?
- 7:30 a.m.–8:15 a.m. – Registration and networking breakfast
- 8:15 a.m.–8:30 a.m. – Welcome and introduction
- 8:30 a.m.–9:45 a.m. – Panel discussion
- Terry Barclay, President & CEO, Inforum
- Jacob Cohen, Vice President, Detroit Venture Partners
- Christine Rice, President, VisionIT
- Doug Rothwell, President and CEO, Business Leaders for Michigan
- Sue Vincent – Partner, KPMG LLP
- Dr. Brian Patrick Green – Czarnecki Chaired Professor, U of M – Dearborn, College of Business
- This session is designed for business professionals, companies, and organizational leadership who have responsibility or interest in the strategic growth of business in Michigan.
- You may qualify for one CPE credit when you attend this seminar. There is no advanced preparation or prerequisites for this course.
- Please click below to register- http://www.seeuthere.com/kpmg/4019537/regform
- Please contact Kerry Nachtrieb of KPMG’s Events & Meetings, at 313-230-3333 or email@example.com, to ask any questions regarding the event.